During the trading day, I tweeted the following:
SYNC was the largest position in the portfolio. Selling it brings me back down to a 50% cash position when I should be at 75% invested according to my mechanical system of allocation.
This leaves me with a distinct dilemma: I need exposure, but am having great difficulty in finding the proper candidates. I don’t want to force the issue either.
My only choice here is to wait until the right opportunity comes along. It could be later this week or it could be in a month. At this point, I’m not sure.
The current portfolio consists of ATNY, GSIG, SPRT, SPNS and roughly 50% cash. Still up for the month, despite giving back a bulk of the gains today with SYNC’s slide.